Robin Annis, PsyD
(734) 662-6300 Ext. 75
I have deep respect and compassion for those I serve, whether you are suffering from the loss of a loved one, adjusting to life after a serious injury, managing parental responsibilities in the midst of a divorce, coping with a traumatic event, or dealing with longstanding depression, anxiety, and/or other mental health condition. My goal as a therapist is to make a positive impact in the lives of others and to promote personal growth and healing through the establishment of a postive working relationship.
I customize treatment to the client and take consideration for one's childhood upbringing, life experiences, relationships, and one's physiological and biological processes. There variables, among others, create a unique way of thinking, feeling, and behaving. My training is grounded in neuropsychology and cognitive behavioral therapy, although I additionally incorporate person centered, solution focused, and humanistic strategies to facilitate growth and emotional wellness.
"The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, or not to anticipate troubles, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly."---Buddha
- Gender: F
- In practice since: 2013
- Alternative languages: None
- Age: Children, Adolescents, Adults, Geriatric
- Graduate School: Illinois School of Professional Psychology, Argosy University
- Year Graduated: 2013
- Neuropsychological/psychological assessment, rehabilitation psychology, adjustment to major life circumstances and/or illness, trauma, anger management, phobias, stress management, bereavement, traumatic head injury, spinal cord injury, dementia, academic/occupational performance issues, college adjustment, divorce/separation, identity development, LGBTQIA, relationship problems, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder.
- Orientation: Eclectic-neuropsychology, cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT), accepatance and commitment therapy, play therapy, trauma-focused CBT, humanistic, person centered, solution focused.
- Modality: Couples, Individuals, Families
Back to Staff Listing