Shani McLoyd, MSW
Note: Ms. McLoyd is currently on a Leave of Absence.
(734) 662-6300 Ext. 53
Life is about unexpected challenges and how we negotiate them and the changes and dilemmas they bring. As an African-American, I feel that I have a unique perspective in helping people regain empowerment and effectively return to their best selves.
- Gender: F
- In practice since: 2003
- Alternative languages: None
- Age: Children, Adolescents, Adults, Elders
- Graduate School: University of Michigan
- Year Graduated: 2003
- Adolescent psychotherapy, Anger management, Anxiety, Assault, Autistic spectrum, Bipolar disorder, Child psychotherapy, Codependency and adult children of alcoholics, Cognitive behavior therapy, College/graduate school adjustment, Conjoint/marital therapy, Cultural issues, Depression, Difficulties related to physical illness, Disabilities, Divorce, Eating disorders, Family therapy, Grief and mourning, Infertility, Men's issues, OCD, Older adults, Pain management/chronic pain, PTSD, Race/ethnicity issues, Relationship problems, Sexual abuse/incest, Sexual identity, Spiritual/faith based issues, Stress reduction, Substance abuse, Suicide/other crisis intervention, Women's issues, Work related problems
- Orientation: Cognitive behavior therapy, Dialectical behavior therapy, Humanistic, Family systems, Gestalt therapy, Interpersonal, Play therapy
- Modality: Couples, Individuals, Families
Back to Staff Listing