Gary Smith, LMSW
(734) 662-6300 Ext. 70
"Years ago I read M. Scott Peck's The Road Less Traveled. I was struck by the opening sentence of the book, and it has stuck with me ever since - "Life is difficult." For many of us it seems that some days, or many days, are more difficult than we can bear. We look for relief in many places and eventually realize we could use a little help to get our lives back in order...to continue our pursuit of happiness!
Dr. Peck also wrote,
"Life is complex. Each of us must make his [her] own path through life....The right road for one is the wrong road for another...The journey of life is not paved in blacktop; it is not brightly lit, and it has no road signs. It is a rocky path through the wilderness."
I look forward to the possibility of becoming your guide and traveling companion on your life's journey and will encourage you in extensive self-reflection about the rocks in your road and how you might go around or move them out of the way. Please call so we can begin soon."
- Gender: M
- In practice since: 2006
- Alternative languages: None
- Age: Adults, Elders
- Graduate School: University of Michigan
- Year Graduated: 2006
- Anger management, anxiety, bipolar disorder, cognitive behavior therpay, college/graduate school adjustment, conjoint/marital therapy, family therapy, grief and mourning, men's issues, PTSD, relationship problems, sexual abuse and incest, sexual identity, spiritual/faith based issues, stress reduction, work related problems.
- Orientation: Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing, Eclectic, Psychodynamic, Cognitive behavior therapy, Interpersonal, CPT, Prolonged expososure.
- Modality: Individuals, couples, families
Back to Staff Listing